1800 West Markland Avenue
Kokomo, IN 46901
Tip Line: 765.614.3372
General Contact Info
Howard County Admin. Center
220 N Main St
Kokomo, IN 46901
Open Monday-Friday from 8am-4pm
Join Us Online
Criminal Justice Center
- GTL provides the phone system for Howard County Criminal Justice Center and offers a pre-paid phone program called AdvancePay so that inmates can call out. When these accounts are funded, inmates avoid the issues they may have trying to call to a number serviced by one of the many phone companies that no longer allow collect calls.
- The AdvancePay phone account enables the inmate to call your phone number using funds that you have deposited in the account. Learn more about GTL’s AdvancePay here.
- For information regarding receiving phone calls and blocking phone calls, current rates, re-payment, calling a cell phone, or any other related phone questions, please call a GTL representative at 1-866-516-0115
- To create a GTL phone account and make a deposit to it, click here.
MAIL and MESSAGING
Inmates housed at the Howard County Criminal Justice Center now have two (2) ways to receive mail: Traditional mail via the US Postal Service and inmate electronic messaging provided by GTL.
Inmate Messaging: In order to exchange messages with an inmate on the internet, friends and family will need to go to GTL’s GettingOut at www.gettingout.com or download the GettingOut app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- After setting up the account on GettingOut and depositing enough money in it for a message to the inmate and to pay for the inmate’s reply, friends and family can send the message. You can also send a photo attachment for an additional fee.
- Photo Attachment = $0.50 each
- Each Message = $0.25
- Message plus Photo = $0.75
- The same restrictions listed below regarding contraband apply to electronic messages and photo attachments.
- *If you have any questions about messaging, please call GTL’s GettingOut Customer Service Representatives toll-free at 866-516-0115 or review the
Messaging page on gettingout.com.
Pictures are limited to 16 photos, no larger than 5 x 7, and no Polaroids.
- Traditional Mail: All traditional mail must be sent through the U.S. Post Office and cannot be hand delivered to the jail. Mail will be delivered to inmates between 2 P.M. and 10 P.M., Monday through Friday, except on holidays. Mail must be in manila or mailing envelopes that are no longer than 9 x 12, and any greeting cards sent can be no longer than 6 x 9.
Books and magazines are acceptable but must be new and shipped from the publisher or warehouse and front from a bookstore, and an invoice should show they have been paid in full. (No hardback or sexually explicit).
Newspapers may be mailed in by subscription only from the News Agency directly to the inmate. Any mail containing anything considered "contraband" can be returned in whole to the sender at the discretion of the jail staff.
The following is a list of some items considered to be contraband and are strictly prohibited:
- Any plans for criminal activity, instructions for manufacture of weapons, drugs, drug paraphernalia, or alcoholic beverages.
- Any threatened blackmail or extortion.
- Any plans for instructions for escape or unauthorized entry.
- Any other materials which would, if communicated, create a serious danger to the security, safety or sanitation of the facility.
- Any materials that encourage sexual behavior which is criminal or in violation of facility rules and would impede rehabilitation.
- Any foreign substances on mail or in envelopes, including but not limited to: crayon, market, color pencil, paint, glitter, glitter pen, glue, lipstick, stickers, tape, whiteout, water marks, questionable stains, staples, paperclips, postage stamps, extra envelopes, stationary, bubble wrap, tissue paper, body fluids, internet materials, laminated materials, plastic or metal objects, edible foods or candies, excessive perfumes, advertising, sweepstakes, or lottery cards.
- Any photos with nudity (bare breasts, buttocks, or genital area).
- Any photos with hand gestures.
- Any photos with filters
- Any photo collages